Saturday 27 February 2010

Top Ten Evocative Book Titles (1)

All of these books I have read, their titles being simply too intriguing for me to leave on the shelf, though those couple that are out-of-print (OP) I have been unable to, as yet, get my grubby paws on. Regardless of their content and literary merit, here then, are ten titles whose names alone conjure magical images in my mind:

[1] The Girl from the Candle-lit Bath ~ Dodie Smith (OP)
[2] My Swordhand is Singing ~ Marcus Sedgwick
[3] The Heart is a Lonely Hunter ~ Carson McCullers
[4] Love of Seven Dolls ~ Paul Gallico (OP)
[5] Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance ~Robert M Pirsig
[6] A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius ~ Dave Eggers
[7] Don't Let's Go To The Dogs Tonight ~ Alexandra Fuller
[8] Far From The Madding Crowd ~ Thomas Hardy
[9] The Wind-up Bird Chronicle ~ Haruki Murakami
[10] Women Who Read Are Dangerous ~ Stefan Bollman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites - A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewyka. Not only a great title, but a very enjoyable book.

This is my first - but won't be my last - visit to your blog. Great content and writing, which is not something I find in many blogs!